Job Title: IT Developer Intern
Job ID: 03319
Division : Information Services
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: AIT or Intern
Prefer candidates pursuing a general IT degree or those with a focus on CICS, Cobol or SAS development.
Working in an internship position under the direction of a senior level employee, completes projects or tasks that support the business area goals and results. Performs tasks by adapting to new or changing situations in a team environment. Gathers information, plans and organizes work efficiently and effectively. Applies and learns technical skills appropriate to the specific job assignment.
- Supports Division's Business Goals/Results (20%)
- Begins to develop an understanding of American Family's business environments, corporate culture and structure to support work initiatives.
- Maintains work efficiency and responds positively to a changing environment.
- Is open to and supports new ideas, systems and procedures. Generates creative ideas and actions in response to changing situations.
- Promptly adjusts strategies or tactics in situations where the current approaches are ineffective.
- Information Gathering (20%)
- Demonstrates ability to gather appropriate information. Efficiently identifies sources of information for a wide variety of problems or needs.
- Seeks help when information is difficult to obtain. Seeks out knowledgeable people to obtain information or clarify a problem.
- Probes skillfully to get both information and its context. Uses skillful questioning to draw out implied and indirect information.
- Planning & Organizing (20%)
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes tasks.
- Schedules time appropriately to accomplish objectives. Stays focused and avoids distractions.
- Breaks down projects into component tasks.
- Identifies and uses appropriate resources.
- Completes projects and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Teamwork (20%)
- Cooperates with other team members and builds a spirit of unity within the team.
- Fulfills commitments to other team members. Informs team members of important or relevant information for team success.
- Initiates activities and actively participates in the decision making process to achieve goals.
- Recognizes the efforts of other team members and values individual differences.
- Technical Expertise (20%)
- Demonstrates a depth of judgment, knowledge and technical skill important for the position.
- Applies knowledge of basic techniques and concepts.
- Uses good judgment to handle basic issues and problems.
- Acquires and applies new skills as necessary.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Information Gathering
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Expertise
Please review the job requirements.
- Must be in pursuit of a master's, bachelor's or associate degree or certificate program that is related to the internship.
American Family Insurance - 2 years ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...