IT Developer - Verathon ®
Verathon ® is looking for an entry-level IT Developer to become the newest member of our IT Team located in our Bothell, WA headquarters.
The IT Developer's primary responsibility is to provide support to Verathon databases, applications, and reporting infrastructure. This role will work directly with end-users to resolve issues and build coding solutions to meet their needs; strong troubleshooting skills are required. Successful candidate should also be capable of participating in all project life cycle phases including requirements gathering, design, programming, and testing. Strong customer and interpersonal skills are essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide day-to-day operations support of ERP, Financial, and CRM environments.
- Develop SQL code, ETL solutions, and ad-hoc reports.
- Administer business applications by managing user accounts, security roles, and configurations.
- Manage case incidents through internal help desk system, ensure issues are resolved and documented.
- Follow change control procedures and ensure proper validation of all code/applications going into production.
- Responsible for validating and performing all system upgrades as required.
- Perform or learn DBA duties - create/restore backups, manage SQL logins, performance tuning/indexing.
- Work closely with users, team manager, and other members of the team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines.
- Provide timely, efficient, and accurate project status updates to team manager and key business users.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- On-call 24x7 as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience.
Technical Skills :
- Bachelor's degree from 4 year accredited college or equivalent mix of experience.
- 1-2 years' in MS SQL Server environment.
- 1-2 years' experience with SQL scripting and systems integration work.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Knowledge of DBA duties.
- Knowledge of .NET application/web environment and language (C# preferred).
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008/2010 and SQL Server 2008/R2.
- Writes effective stored procedures (T-SQL).
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft SQL Server products (SQL Profiler).
- Demonstrated knowledge with physical and logical database design.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and end-user friendly language.
- Familiarity with using version control systems (preferably MS Team Foundation Server).
- Desire to stay updated on current and new technologies.
- Experience in structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple task assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Adept at interfacing with users.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills.
- Good business judgment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Able to tactfully assert own opinions.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 12 months ago