Dia Art Foundation
(New York NY)
Dia Art Foundation, based in New York City, enables artists visions by initiating, supporting, and preserving extraordinary art projects which exceed the scope of traditional museums and galleries. A nonprofit founded in 1974, Dia collects the work of some of the most renowned artists of the last half-century, presents long-term, site-specific projects in the Western United States, in New York City, and on Long Island, executes new commissions and an ongoing series of original artists projects produced for the web, and produces scholarly publications related to its exhibitions and collection.
The IT and Digital Media Associate will report to both the Information Technology Director and the Digital Media Director, serving as the first level of support for technology needs throughout the organization, as well as supporting audio visual resources, programs, and exhibitions. Primary location will be in Chelsea, but occasional travel to other Dia sites will be needed, primarily to Dia:Beacon. This position works across the organization and supports staff in all locations. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, as is attention to detail.
IT Responsibilities include:
Digital Media Responsibilities include:
- provide first level support for hardware (PC and Mac), operating systems, networking, printing, applications, Avaya phone systems (Partner and IP Office) and mobile devices (primarily iOS)
- assist staff with a wide variety of technical needs
- research and support various technology initiatives and IT administration tasks within the organization
- monitor status of workstation OS, application updates, and licensing compliance
- assist with the inventory of hardware and software
- support web updates: basic HTML knowledge required and desire to learn Dias content management system
- assist in the design and implementation of IT support materials and tutorials
- monitor local and cloud backups & manage backup media
- serve as on-site contact for vendors needing access to equipment
- assist staff with AV and digital art related software and hardware support, problems and questions
- assist artists and lecturers with presentation software and hardware
- set up and run PA equipment including: microphones, mixers, signal processors, amplifiers, speakers, recording devices, computers
- record, edit, and archive event media
- ¬assist with installation of A/V hardware and software for exhibitions
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of full-time experience supporting PCs, Macs, and mobile devices; expertise with Windows and Mac OS X
- creative and efficient problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- knowledge of TCP/IP networking and ability to troubleshoot network issues
- basic knowledge of HTML and CSS required
- knowledge of audio/video software and hardware
- strong command of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Acrobat, Keynote, and other productivity software
- ability to self-direct research and complete tasks in a timely manner
- strong communication and organization skills
- ability to work graciously under pressure
- demonstrated ability to work within a team-based environment as well as the ability to work independently
This is a full-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required. Benefits include health insurance, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
- knowledge of php, drupal and Crystal Reports
- knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics software (Illustrator, Vectorworks and/or SketchUp)
- expert knowledge of presentation applications
- sound recording and mixing skills
- audio/video capture and editing skills
To apply, please email cover letter and resume by September 29th to email@example.com.
For additional information abou Dia Art Foundation please visit www.diaart.org
Dia is an equal opportunity employer.
New York Foundation for the Arts - 9 months ago
Dia Art Foundation Dia Art Foundation was founded in 1974. A nonprofit institution, Dia plays a vital role among visual arts organizations n...