When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. We enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
This IT-Director position is responsible for managing technologies, services, projects and financials in support of End User and Client desktop computing, remote access, video conferencing, and automation and virtualization best practices. The Director will provide technical leadership in developing methodologies, process for global client standards, client access efficiencies, and client virtualization. The Director will be responsible for the development and maintenance of documentation processes and support models for global support teams as well as the lead escalation point for issues that are not reconciled using standard processes. The position will also focus on management objectives for department subject matter experts responsible for determining, deploying and using tools to achieve business objectives. In this role the Director will provide technology and cost benefit analyses for services that will be deployed to meet End User needs for all Business Units.
The Director will lead the team to work closely with the global organizations for all projects that have a client impact. The Director will have a full understanding of all client connectivity and configurations, as well as the required skill sets to effectively communicate with business and technical leads in each region.
The Director will manage a team of experts to focus on emerging technologies, product evaluations, certifications, architecture and engineering standards, ITIL best practices in the areas of End User Computing technologies. In addition to having a full understanding of IEEE standards and directions, the Director will manage the team efforts focusing on hardware and software vendor relationships to ensure the company is utilizing the most efficient platforms and standards. In addition, the Director will work closely with other News Corp. Business Units supporting purchasing programs and News Consortium initiatives.
The Director will be a subject matter expert, and manage a team of engineers and technicians, in client tools, products, standards and automation. The Director will conduct technology and financial evaluations, recommend and deploy emerging technologies that will increase client access and create efficiencies. Main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Manage a global organization consisting of end user and field support technologists
- Direct technologists in the areas of Strategic Planning, Engineering, and Operations Support
- Drive strategic planning and architecture direction for all end user tools and services
- Develop documentation in support of product selections, certifications, strategies, standards, operational guides, and enterprise design packages
- Develop service level offerings key performance indicators for all end user services
- Develop and manage Cost of Service (CoS) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for metrics and reporting
- Effectively manage resources in the areas of financial management, operating expenses, projects, staffing, schedules, performance reviews
- Work closely with business interface leaders on business driven projects
- Create an application and client virtualization strategy
- Evaluate and select client hardware, software, and access standards
- Evaluate emerging technologies for improved client functionality and performance
- Technical lead for client integration and automation projects
- Work with cross-departmental teams to achieve company objectives
- Main escalation point for client operating system compatibility issues
- Main contact for evaluation of client application and assess requirements
- Application acceleration subject matter expert
- Main client vendor contact
- Create client proxy script deployment methodology
- Lead transformation initiatives for News Corporation and business units in the areas of Service Management, End User Services, and Cloud Enabled -User Tool Suites
The Director will have extensive experience with the following:
Education and Training:
- Hardware – laptop, desktop, mobility devices, proxy technologies, video integration and secure access appliances
- Software – Windows, Apple, Google and other corporate defined end user software tools
- Technologies – Remote access standards (IPsec and SSL), proxy scripts automation deployment standards, Global Cellular standards (GPRS, CDMA, WiMax), Intel chipset standards (vPro/AMT), image creation and deployment standards
- Business – extensive knowledge of real-time client environment and lockup site configuration, publishing middleware configuration and build process, enterprise client management and deployment process, video publishing and editing processes
This position requires the following education, training, or years of professional service in the related industry:
Dow Jones, Making Careers News Worthy
- Ten years of working experience in the area of client hardware standards and/or mobility
- Five years of working experience in client virtualization and automation. Must have hands-on experience with VMWare, Soft Gird and application virtualization
- Remote Access and Mobility training and certifications for IPSec/SSL/VPN, ISP transport technologies
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional and Microsoft Technology Specialist for Windows
- High level of communications and detailed writing skills are required for this position
- Citrix, Cisco ASA and Neoteris Administration architecture experience
- Experience developing End User Cloud Solutions, i.e., Google, AWS, Microsoft
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Strategy and Business Development
Americas-US-NY-New York City
This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information with a...