American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking an IT Director at our Corporate Office.
Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT operations for a 600 person organization with 60 practices across the United States. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
1. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
2. Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, and conversions and file maintenance.
3. Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
4. Work with advocacy staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
5. Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
6. Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
7. Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
8. Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
9. Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
10. Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
11. Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
12. Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
13. Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, operations, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
14. Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
15. Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
16. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience
- Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, to work with Executive Management, and to manage multiple concurrent practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
- Understanding of general business, health care, and health coverage issues
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA compliance as it relates to IT security and operations
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.