The eCommerce Director of the Dell.com global site search will be a key leader in the Online Product Engineering team, part of the eDell.com organization. The director will be responsible for developing and implementing the Dell.com global site search strategy. The director will drive a strategy that incorporates site search and natural search leveraging big data and measurement concepts. The director will take the site search to the next maturity level with focus on scaling the site, improving the relevancy, and enhancing the search engine capabilities working with the business to deliver a robust and rich roadmap.
• Provide strategic guidance to senior management to influence the engineering and business direction of the organization
• Able to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
• Supports multiple user experience clients providing robust search services.
• Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and be able to make the right design decisions and technology choices
• Experience building and managing a team that designs and delivers complex eCommerce platform
• Experience with service oriented architecture, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
• Communicates and translates Dell vision/strategy to staff. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group.
• Works closely with the business on roadmap that deliver the right ROIs and
• Knows the search concepts including natural and site search
• Enhances site Search Engine “crawler-friendly”, optimize content, linking, popularity by implementing results based on specific Search Engine algorithm
• Works closely with the Search Ops team to optimize local keywords & build links
• Optimizes content for indexing & retrieval through Dell’s internal Search Engine
• Interface with key stakeholders to ensure completion of software projects on time and budget.
• Translates design specifications into an actionable program
• Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several programs and projects
• Monitor and supervise day-to-day activities of the team, including technical design, work breakdown, codereviews, unit testing
• Define and manage the implementation of robust and scalable software architectures to develop innovative engineering solutions to solve customer problems
• Leads the implementation of rigorous engineering excellence process and platform improvement initiatives.
• Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
• Hires the senior software engineering talents and architects.
• Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
• Bachelor's/MS degree in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline preferred
• 18+ years of relevant work experience leading engineering teams and most of this focused eCommerce Software Development
• Experience leading small and large organizations
• eCommerce specific industry knowledge and experience in software engineering
• Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
• Working knowledge of end-user/customer experience
• Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and programs
• An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
• Strong communication and relationship skills
• 18+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...