Provides leadership to assigned group(s) within IT. Identifies, evaluates and resolves business issues.
Manages budgets. Works on abstract problems across all functional areas within IT. Possesses extensive technical breadth.
Provides direction and guidance for operations, administration and results for a major department or multiple departments within a function or work area.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Communicates and translates Dell vision/strategy to staff.
- Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group.
- Addresses problems across functional areas of the business.
- Influences individuals within and outside the IT department.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff
Implements tactical and strategic change through subordinate leaders
- Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning.
- Collaborates with subordinate leadership to set strategy and business objectives.
- May influence the strategic and/or long-term focus for the function.
- Provides leadership and direction through lower- level leaders.
Manages multiple functions based on the direction of:
- Work is guided by functional strategy.
- Establishes operational objectives for leaders and/or teams of professionals across the sub-function.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for area managed.
- Decisions may impact overall business, but are mainly related to the department or work area.
- Provides authoritative advice to top leadership based on deep subject matter expertise
- Accountable for related performance objectives.
- Initiates integrated business plans based on senior leadership strategy.
Life At Dell
- IT Executives.
- Reviews IT and business requirements, and makes decisions to satisfy business needs.
- Prepares high level activity and progress reports and presents to Executives.
- Majority of projects involved in or overseeing have global impact.
- Manages lower level IT leaders.
- Strategic collaboration with partners to develop GlobalIT solutions
- Clear understanding of Telecomm architecture design and Integrated Telephony platforms deployments.
- Extensive experience with Interactive Voice Response systems, Cisco Intelligent Call Management, Avaya Call Distributor, Computer Telephony Integration.
- Experience in Call Center and Contact Center Business operations and management.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience and 8+ years leadership experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 16 months ago
Director, IT Service Desk
- 8 days ago
- 17 days ago
Systems Analyst V
Dept of Aging & Disability Svc
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- 5 days ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...