Overall operational and strategic IT responsibility for Zurich Global Business Services - North American Division Print Output, Forms Development and Document Imaging Services.
• Performs as the administrative and technical manager of assigned retained staff and contractors, primarily technical Subject Matter Experts, Systems Engineers and Developers.
• Develop, communicate and drive Print Output Distribution and Corporate Imaging strategic roadmaps to improve current service offerings and develop new offerings for the organization.
• Act as a liaison with business partners across multiple business units in the US as well as IT counterparts both nationally and globally. Manage relationships with senior managers from the business, suppliers, and IT.
• Works with business units to understand business needs and arrange appropriate resources to support application / solution development.
• Development of business cases and estimates to secure project funding and prioritization.
• Accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from suppliers.
• Responsible for the delivery of assigned projects/programs to the business, including risk, quality, and change management, system dependency checkpoints, schedule, and financial management.
• Perform design reviews and signs off on project deliverables. Conducts post-implementation reviews and root cause analyses for production problems.
• Contribute directly in areas of technology expertise specified below.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Candidates must have:
• Previous Experience with large multi-tier global organization(s).
• Previous Experience working in outsourced / offshored IT relationships.
• Previous Business Development experience .
• Demonstrated leadership competencies, including strategic thinking, fostering teamwork, cultivating relationships, embracing change, and influencing others.
• Knowledge of insurance products, services, processes, and operations.
• Working knowledge of current Information Technology HW/SW and emerging trends.
• Large Consulting experience in application development / solution implementation preferred.
• Competent working through all phases of the Technical Project Management life cycle, in a Program Management, Architect or Engineering role.
• Understanding of application development lifecycles methodologies, particularly RUP (or MSF Agile) and Waterfall.
• Significant experience with an Enterprise Content Management solutions, such as IBM Content Manager, TSM, or FileNet. Conceptually understand and able to speak to differences in the industry leading ECM vendors.
• Experience with an enterprise level Scan and Capture solutions, such as KOFAX Ascent Capture. Conceptually understand and able to speak to differences in the industry leading document ingestion products / vendors.
• Experience with Document Factory and Forms Generation solutions such as DocuMaker (DocuMerge), Extream or Thunderhead. Conceptually understand and able to speak to differences in the industry leading Document Output Management products.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Sciences or a related field
• May require occasional regional and/or global travel.
• Excellent written and oral skills in English:
• Able to communicate effectively and participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
• Understands routine business conversations and letters and able to give information about own area of expertise.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying a maximum of 20 pounds.
Sitting and/or standing with bending and reaching.
Talking, seeing, reading, speaking and hearing.
Repetitive use of arms and hands to prepare mail, operate scanners, and data entry keyboarding.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment. May work non-traditional schedule.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific Relevant experience
Special Skills Requirements
May require occasional traveling regionally or globally Requested Language Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills in local language
English: Level-4: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Farmers Insurance Group - 13 months ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...