The Director of Information Technologys primary responsibility is to oversee the operation of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other duties as assigned, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
· Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
· Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
· Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
· Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
· Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
· Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
· Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
· Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
· Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
· Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
· Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
· Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
· Develop bid requirements and obtain pricing for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices including all SOX compliance and security practices.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· 10+ years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
· Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
· Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
· Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
· Superior understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software & hardware solutions. Experience in a Property Management, Real Estate Development or Hotel organization is a plus.
· Good project management skills and substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
· Strong customer-service orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills and listening and interpersonal skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Documentation of systems and processes required.
· Ability to create and implement new compliance and security procedures.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Flexible during times of change.
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of the following systems:
VMWare 4; Dell EqualLogic or equivalent SAN experience; CA Arcserve Recovery/Appassure or equivalent knowledge of Disaster Recovery Implementation and Procedures; Extensive knowledge of LAN / WAN systems; Knowledge of Standard Firewall / VPN and network security
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
University degree in the field of computer systems design or computer science, and a minimum of 10 years equivalent work experience, with 5 years of supervisory experience.
HRI Properties - 20 months ago