Reporting into the VP, Business Technology Solutions, the IT Director will oversee technology support to the entire MDC Partners Network. This will include, but may not be limited to all staff in New York office, Board of Directors and other visiting executives, remote support to the Chairman & CEO and other domestic U.S. staff, as well as support to our Partner agencies in the North America region. Managing a team of IT Specialists and working alongside other senior IT professionals, the IT Director will identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for the organization.
Salary range: 100k - 120k based on experience
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and manage support to all the staff and guests in New York office as well as remote support to domestic U.S. staff and staff traveling abroad.
- Provide primary support for the Chief Executive’s IT setup in New York (home and office) and at remote locations, including Blackberry, Polycom conferencing equipment, networking equipment, VoIP phones, PCs and Macs.
- Working with several CMS systems to fix, update and maintain content for public displays in the office.
- Designing and implementing short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure design and capacity meet the existing and future requirements.
- Analyze existing operations, develop IT strategies and improve the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee the management of all network hardware and equipment, including servers, workstations, routers, switches, UPSs and operating systems and software.
- Oversee system backups and recovery, and manage the maintenance of end user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Work with team to monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Work on projects which may include working with MDC’s network of Partner agencies to support their technological needs. This may include light travel to meet with IT departments and executive leadership in various locations in North America.
Skills and Experience:
- A post high school degree/diploma with industry specific certifications or course completions.
- 7 – 12 years in IT infrastructure planning and development experience required.
- Proficiency with Windows, MS Office, Max OS, Adobe and other popular software programs.
- Knowledge and experience with Network, workstation and mobile hardware, software, protocols and standards.
- Dealing with project management principles and organizational goals and objectives on a large scale.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Setting priorities for self and team and delivering promised results within expected timelines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work independently, and to be proactive and committed to projects and “getting the job done”.
- Documenting and following policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail and organization.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation.
- A desire to be challenged and resolve issues using self-motivation, analytical and problem solving abilities.
Technologies and Systems:
- Active Directory; eDirectory
- Google Apps Enterprise environment
- VMware ESXi
- Netware and Windows filesavers
- Mobile devices: BlackBerrys, iPads, iPhones, Android devices
- Polycom Video Conferencing Systems
- Online backup
- Symantec Antivirus
- Cisco firewall and switches, site to site VPNs
Indeed - 18 months ago