The IT Director of VES Industrial Services (VESIS) will provide technical expertise, proactive leadership and guidance to the base group and to the operations units on all matter involved with information management within Industrial Services (IS) and will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position is also the chief liaison to Parent Company (VESNA) IT leadership to coordinate IS work with the rest of the VESNA business units and is the primary person to advice on the advancement of information as a strategic differentiator now and in the future.
The position will be based in the Houston area (League City office). Specific responsibilities include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY: (IN ADDITION TO THE VES COMPETENCIES)
- Lead the roll-forward of IT business projects within the organization (ERP). The Director of IT will act as project manager and will be the prior contact point with the parent company (VESNA) IT teams and with all external consultants,
- Maintain the quality of data of existing ERP and ERP under development to maximize business procedures,
- Work closely with Financial and audit teams to make sure business controls through ERP are appropriate,
- Validate and recommend all major system hardware and software purchasing decisions,
- Manage and maximize existing inventory of soft and hardware within the Company,
- Develop and execute company policies and procedures,
- In charge of SOX for IT,
- Strategically implement operational systems, support NOC (Network Operating Center) with system-wide development, and customer portals to advance the company’s vision and mission.
- Develop customer Portal Import Functionality
- Set-up automatic dashboards to help Management drive the business.
- Liaison between non-technical business units and IT, communicating technical information and plans.
- Establish strong internal relationships with Sr. Mgmt Team and VESNA NOC as well as vendor relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (including presentation skills)
- Outstanding relationship-building skills
- Proficient project management, time management and continuous improvement skills
- Superior problem solving and financial analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices
- Familiarity with database architecture and design
- General knowledge of various enterprise platforms
- Computer proficiency with AS400 and Microsoft Office -- Powerpoint, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 10 years of information technology,
- Undergraduate degree in Management Information System or related field, Graduate degree a plus,
- Extensive experience in partnering with operations as well as leading and managing the department
- Demonstrated on-going education certificates,
- Prior industry knowledge beneficial
Veolia Environmental Services - 20 months ago