Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
"Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
Group Information Systems (GIS)
is looking for an
IT Engineer Level 2 Support
to be located in
Auburn Hills (Michigan).
Reporting to the
IT Engineer Level 2 Manager
this position will assist in supporting all North American Sites deploying company technical standards and associated processes.
The main responsabilities will be:
Supporting company standards:
- LAN / WAN / Firewall structures at sites.
- Purchase of hardware and software.
- Deployment of hardware and required applications.
- Backup solutions.
(Simpana and Symantec Backup Exec preferred)
- Failover, disaster recovery and degraded mode competencies.
- Monitoring and alerting systems
Occasion evening and week-end work as needed.
- Provide training services to Local IT Technicians.
- Project planning, reporting and execution of standard processes.
- Liaising with corporate Competency Center teams in order to support execution and deployment of current and updated standards.
- Incident support and root cause analysis.
- Governance and Monitoring of site compliance.
- Site Launch support.
10-25 travel expected with occasional international travel.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
iversity degree or equivalent experience in the field of Information Technology
- 5 years of related work experience preferably at a Senior Administrator level.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, design / support.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Experience in Microsoft and/or Cisco network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows servers (2003/2008) in configuration and installation both physical and virtual. (Vmware ESXi technologies).
- Technical knowledge with Active Directory and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of firewall configuration processes.
- Extensive application support experience with backup products.
- Technical knowledge of DNS, WINS and TCP/IP networking.
- Strong knowledge of popular Windows PC software programs, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, and so on.
- Experience managing staff in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent projects under high-pressure
- Project management documentation and reporting experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to properly coordinate communications with many other departments.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Faurecia - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
You might say Faurecia Interior Systems has a deep seated love for the automobile industry. The company, a subsidiary of French auto parts...