For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
TITLE – Engineer IT
Cisco Finance IT Employee Services Organization seeks a Software Engineer to act as a technical lead to manage other engineers tasked with designing/developing software/solutions in the Global Payroll and Stock area. This position ruires thorough knowledge of database SQL / Java middle-ware in a n-tier web application / relational database environment. Candidate must possess strong communication skills, proven leadership capability and problem-solving ability.
Responsible to lead the design/ develop software in Finance IT projects. Familiarity with database (Oracle 11g or SQL server), middle-ware (Java, J2EE, web services), PL SQL, XML, HTML 5 and Software development methodologies (waterfall, proto-typing, spiral) is required. Familiarity with Applications (HRMS, Oracle E-business suite) and application servers (Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat) is a plus.
Interaction with multiple internal departments will be critical. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated individual having significant ability to apply analytic techniques and think out-of-the-box to solve real world problems, providing actionable information to end users.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
• Ability to work hard in a fast paced environment and willingness to stretch to achieve aggressive goals
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
• Ability to interact professionally with other employees to understand problems, provide solutions, seek and provide feedback
• Work closely with peer engineers from different groups in a highly collaborative environment
• In depth knowledge in managing the design, development, performance tuning and implementation of applications, following a product life cycle software methodology, from business requirements to application deployment
• Benchmark, analyze and enhance system performance
• Analyze feature requirements, estimate effort, design and implementation to meet requirements
• Strong time management and organizational skills. Manage time between multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to scope project timelines, resources and scope, then crisply deliver to milestones
• Ability to work independently in a results oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Frequent communication and interaction with business clients
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong documentation skills. Ability to create clear documentation for internal and external use
• Must be an expert in JAVA, XML, and SQL, it would be considered a plus if you also knew Tomcat and Websphere
• Strong working knowledge of relational databases and database management (i.e. Oracle, MS SQL Server)
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems
• BA/BS degree in related field or a solid base of experience that includes both analytic thinking and hands on, applied management of analytics solutions
• Involvement in open-source software is a big plus
• Certification in Java - Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer, is a plus
• Certification in DB - Introduction to Oracle9i SQL or Oracle Database SQL Expert or Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals, is a plus
Cisco Systems - 23 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...