We are currently seeking a full time IT Application Architect to work at our Dallas, TX office location.
In this role you will be responsible for multiple providing architecture leadership across multiple development teams and working with both IT and Business teams to define their architecture roadmap. This position requires strong communication skills.
• Working with senior IT and Business Managers to define the strategic roadmap.
• Working with development teams supporting systems for the three P&C companies.
• Collaborating with other members of the Enterprise Architect team on technologies and approaches.
• Participating in Proof of Concept work to evaluate platforms and capabilities.
• Leading a team through the initial stages of a development program.
• 8 or more years of progressively more responsible work experience in a technical discipline
• Requires strong Java skills
• Experience with IBM WebSphere development and administration is preferred
• Proven experience in designing and developing large scale enterprise applications
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong experience in Enterprise Java development
• Application performance analysis and tuning experience
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience with Agile development processes preferred.
• Experience with Test Driven Development using JUnit and mock object frameworks preferred
• Exposure to MQ, JMS, Cold Fusion, and ESB technologies is a plus
Apply Online: https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1294
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
•Choice of healthcare plans
•Choice of dental plans
•Flexible paid time off program
•Business casual dress
•401(k) with matching
•Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
•Employee referral bonuses
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper Corporation - 20 months ago