IT Enterprise Manager, PACS
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
St. Joseph Health is looking for an
to lead the PACS Services Team
The role of the IT Manager will be to ensure that all aspects of Information Systems are operating at expected levels of service and availability. The person in this role must be self-motivated and able to work independently and often unsupervised. This person will also be responsible for oversight of the IT teams assigned to them and will provide front-line management of this staff. This person will report to an IT Senior Manager or Director.
The ideal candidate will have
demonstrated experience in managing large, complex information technology environments and organizations. Proven management expertise is important as well as excellent, analytical, diagnostic and creative problem solving, facilitation and negotiation skills.
Minimum Position Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
10 years+ years of experience
- Knowledge of healthcare imaging functions and modalities with attention to the business of ancillary service departments within a healthcare provider business and to the clinical implications of the services
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification ( from the Project Management Institute preferred)
- Working knowledge of Fuji PACS and/or other imaging information systems across modalities
- Experience with quality and testing standards
- In conjunction with the Director manages the strategic design and maintenance of imaging information systems. Primarily but not limited to Fuji PACS.
- Partners with SJH standardization teams, clinical and ancillary management to identify high value opportunities for optimizing use of information systems.
- Responsible for overall day to day operations for our Enterprise support of primarily Fuji PACS with a diverse and multiple location support staff.
- In coordination with the Director and other leaders plan and coordinate the scheduling and installation of software upgrades and patches.
- Ensure standard work, appropriate operational processes as well as all other documentation is maintained.
- Manages expectations of PACS application end users, stakeholders, system managers and ministry leadership.
- Monitor and control the initiation and progress of applications development, implementation and support by overseeing work plans and resources in order to meet business objectives and priorities as well as business continuity and security goals.
- Reviews quality assurance audits in consultation with departments on system documentation, feasibility, design, testing and implementation to ensure they meet quality standards, user requirements and are easy to maintain.
- In partnership with Director develop, manage and communicate department budget within context of SJH and IT strategy and business plans
- Leads and facilitates meetings and workshops as required
- Through incorporation and integration of analyses, as well as sound professional judgment regarding, project requirements, develops and maintains a comprehensive project management plan and schedule.
- Responsible for leading the scoping, technical requirements, technical design, testing and deployment of integration projects that ensure the quality and timely delivery of large, complex and/or higher priority projects.
- Provides tactical and strategic input on overall integration and eMPI planning and related projects.
- Conducts research and evaluates emerging integration solutions, services, protocols and standards
- Lead the design and deployment of new interfaces and related solutions and services utilizing industry best practices.
- Evaluate, analyze, address and document the technical and organizational impacts of new service deployment and changes to existing server based services.
- Produce, review and maintain service design documentation for integration service offerings (detailed requirements, specifications, testing strategy, deployment strategy, migration plans, back-out strategies etc.)
- Work closely with customers to plan for deployments of new interfaces and features and manage their expectations
- Analyze and understand customer requirements, organization, functions and decision making processes
- Full lifecycle project management including service delivery, business development and presentations/pitches to executive leadership and governance committees, review and track project statuses provided by team member, counsel and coach team member as needed
- Perform project resource allocation and management. Review estimated vs actual spent hours and manage Dell and other consultants time effort
- Excellent knowledge of HIPAA and PHI requirements and regulations
- Provide technical training and support to Systems Integration and other support staff.
Core Values of St. Joseph Heath
Demonstrates competence in communication, interpersonal
relations and leading courageously.
Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business / job specific knowledge.
Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
1515 E. Orangewood
St. Joseph Health - 4 months ago