About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
Banner Health's IT Department in Sterling MedCenter is currently looking for an IT Facility Desktop Engineer for their faciity in Sterling. The ideal candidate will preferably reside within the 30 mile radius of the Sterling Regional MedCenter. The preferable qualifications for the position are:
About Banner Health
- Comptia A+ certification
- A minimum of two years of experience in the information technology field
- IT experience in a healthcare environment
- Hands on experience with the installation and support of computer hardware
- Availability to work variable shifts, hours and carrying/responding to a pager.
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients – and real change in the health care industry!
This position administers, maintains and supports the personal productivity and collaboration software in the desktop and mobile computing environments and other end user equipment on the company network. The position is responsible for interfacing with team members within the department, as well as, customers throughout the company in planning, organizing and conducting various project assignments and daily duties.
- Provides customer support throughout the company on all standard network and collaboration software products and technologies including consultation with customers, installation of equipment, establishing wired and wireless network connectivity, training on computer equipment and software applications, and troubleshooting day to day applications/hardware problems.
- Provides systems analysis and technical support for all network application services that fall under the categories of email, personal productivity tools, workgroup and collaboration products, and emerging technologies on all desktop hardware platforms. Provides escalation support and serves as a technical resource.
- Assists with the implementation of new automated application systems in the area of office automation.
- Performs basic network administration functions (i.e., adding, deleting, and changing user ids; granting rights to access directory files; etc.). Provides report data gathered through remote management and inventory collection systems.
- Generates needs assessment recommendations thought the appropriate investigation of specific customer and departmental computing needs.
Must possess an associates degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience. A+ Certification required on date of hire and maintenance thereafter. Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. . As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
General knowledge of information technology and healthcare is desirable. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 14 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.