Reporting to the Supervisor, IT Operations Field Support, the
IT Field Support Technician will be based out of Seattle South or Olympia, WA
and will cover an assigned region including travel to several auction sites. In this role you will be the primary IT technical resource for the region. You'll be responsible for onsite support during sales, day to day task assignment and service delivery, maintenance of a spares inventory and will travel between the sites in your region as required.
The IT Operations group provides support for the global Ritchie Bros. organization either directly in person, over the phone or; where there is no staff on shift, on an on-call basis. Support is provided 24 X 7, services include call centre services and second level support for all RB applications, infrastructure and mobile auction kits. IT Operations staff also travel to RB sites around the world to provide regular preventative maintenance visits, IT support for the auctions and for new builds or renovation activities involving IT infrastructure.
This role will also assist with the analysis and resolution of hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. The successful candidate will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve malfunctions and make the appropriate recommendations in order to ensure the effective and efficient running of IT systems at the auction sites.
- Support end users to identify and resolve systems issues.
- Updates documentation as it relates to the support of RBA auction site systems infrastructure
- Participate in the, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network connectivity of all servers, workstations, and other network appliances.
- Work within the production incident and change control process.
Additional Job Description
Here's what you bring:
- Three to five years related work experience, certification in hardware maintenance and/or network administration preferred.
- Proven experience supporting hardware, software and communications systems and integration.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Rotational on-call work.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Considerable international travel will be required.
Office/Auction Site Location
Seattle (Chehalis), WA
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 8 months ago
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...