Break/Fix Field Technician I |
The Break/Fix Technician I is expected to troubleshoot hardware, software and/or network issues, diagnose specific components, request specific parts and repair devices in an efficient and cost-effective manner. This is a customer facing field position requiring excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical users. The field technician will typically report to the office in the morning to receive jobs and parts then spend the remainder of the day in the field. At the end of the day the technician must return to the office to drop off parts and process orders.
- Diagnose systems troubleshooting root cause of problems. Determine what parts if any are required to repair. Perform repairs in a capable and efficient manner.
- Accept incoming tickets, work tickets to closure and properly document repair.
- Using approved vendors or channels order parts for repairs.
- As parts and products come in and out maintain organization of the parts and keep area clean and uncluttered.
- Lead Deployments
- Assist in Production
- Obtain and Maintain Certifications
- Other duities as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience or equivalent technical certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure with customer looking over shoulder
- Excellent documentation and writing skills
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle