Positions in this class typically require: fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Advertised Hiring Range
$46,698 - $60,646 mid
Responsible for performing intermediate technical analysis and support in one or more specialized areas of the business enterprise technology system. Incumbents at this level develop and test custom software and methodologies for effective integration with organization wide operations and formulate actions to respond to errors. Duties may also include training users in software use.
Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
- Analyzes and designs administrative systems and custom software and methodology for various applications; evaluates, researches, and defines system requirements.
- Designs, creates, and modifies reports and extracts for assigned areas.
- Solves complex technical problems resulting from software defects and user errors.
- Supports various projects in technical role to recommend and manage associated hardware and software changes and needs.
- Researches, coordinates and implements software upgrades to ensure system compatibility and test results.
- Creates and maintains documentation and support logs.
- Coordinates testing and implementation of defect fixes applied to a system in assigned area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and three years experience in database or systems administration, programming, computer operating systems, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Job Specific Task List
SUMMARY : Performs intermediate technical analysis and support specializing in the Finance (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budget, Financial and Grant Accounting, Fixed Assets, Payroll and Procurement) area of the business enterprise technology system.
TASK LIST :
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
- Responsible for review and approval of documentation for Finance IT systems (Banner, Argos, and Crystal Reporting) to ensure adequate appropriate documentation is available and meets requirements.
- Serve as technology support leader for development, training, and installation of computer software reports and processes for the Finance Area including the Banner Finance Module, Argos, and other crystal reporting systems.
- Coordinates and manages the prioritization of the Finance Areas Information Technology projects as related to Banner Finance Module, Argos, and other crystal reporting systems.
- Works independently with end users to solve technical problems, analyze computer support system needs, and meet processing and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate installation, testing, and implementation of software upgrades. Responsible for testing and ensuring adherence to documentation standards, and notification to Finance Staff of software changes and upgrades.
- Coordinate Finance Area web content management.
- Coordinates and trains Finance Area staff in the use of technical financial systems, resources, and tools.
- Liaison with Central Information Technology Area; providing direct support to Finance Area and conduit for escalation of technical system service requests.
- Communicates with counterparts in Information Technology industry to investigate unique applications and solutions relating to the Banner Finance Module. User groups include PA-Banner User Groups (PA BUG ) and Ellucian (Banner) Commons Education.
- Maintains familiarity with basic Finance and Accounting terms, processes, procedures, and workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Three years experience as a business analyst with emphasis in computer programming.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Harrisburg Area Community College - 11 months ago