Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly-owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, and Catherines. The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal—We make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best! At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
The IT Finance Temp position is expected to end on July 26, 2013.
This position is to support the IT Finance Area manage day to day activities and assist with compiling annual budget, including creating purchase requisitions, purchase orders and managing invoices in the Oracle Financial system, posting and auditing IT contracts and setting up annual expense budget templates and populating with existing vendor and expense information.
Procurement of IT equipment, supplies and software
- Negotiates price with vendors
- Creates purchase order and submits order to vendor
- Invoice management
Monthly Financial Reporting
- Set up annual expense budget templates for fiscal 2014.
- Populate templates with existing vendors and current year information.
- Consolidate budgets by brand, area and organization.
- Assist in creating budget presentations
IT Contract Management
- Updates reporting grid with financial, stores, headcount and capital information.
- Posts IT Contracts to SharePoint, categorizing correctly.
- Audit contract site to ensure all documents are countersigned. If final countersigned documents
- Prepares Weekly Status reports
- Attends team meetings
All Replies Confidential / We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of proven financial experience including financial analysis, planning, cost analysis, market capitalization, P&E ratios and financial statements.
- Excellent excel and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate complex financial topics for technical audiences.
- Broad knowledge of information technology function helpful.
- Retail industry experience helpful.