Analyst – |
IT Financial Controls – Charlotte, NC
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries
The role of Analyst - IT Financial Controls is critical to the success of Ally Financial’s compliance with Sarbanes standards that require management to assess internal controls over financial statements annually. The Financial Controls function strives to evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of the detective and preventative controls within processes that facilitate the preparation of reliable financial statements. The function will also work with management to develop an appropriate level of financial control to address new processes/risks. Under general supervision, this position will be responsible for testing and associated documentation in compliance with SOX requirements . This position may provide functional advice/training to less-experienced personnel.
· Participate in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls over manual and automated operations to comply with SOX requirements.
· Provide insight into potential process improvements.
· Support qualitative improvements in control operations to reduce / eliminate control deficiencies.
· Monitor identified deficiencies and SOX remediation efforts to ensure timely closure of findings.
· Assist and coordinate the performance of walkthroughs.
· Prepare ad-hoc presentations to senior management.
· May support staff in the preparation of report/department organizations.
· Participate in the development of controls including analytical tools, reports, and systems to meet management’s needs.
· Work with internal and external auditors to answer questions and provide supporting documentation.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
· 2+ years experience · Previous Big 4 audit experience is preferred.
· Previous Banking or Financial Service industries experience is preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
· Demonstrated experience with process documentation including flowcharting and narratives, walkthroughs, and control testing is preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across business levels (both vertically and horizontally)
· Ability to support multiple assignments and stakeholders, prioritize workload for self, and coordinate with teammates to meet deadlines.
· Ability to organize data and exercise effective problem solving skills.
· Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners and experience working with multiple business partners in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
· Comfortable working in an evolving and dynamic environment
· Flexible and can work independently and in a team environment
· Detail-oriented, energetic, motivated, and action-oriented
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information systems, or related discipline
· Relevant professional certification(s) (e.g. CISA, CIPP, CISSP, CGEIT, CISM, CRISC, CIA, CPA)
Working at Ally is Rewarding!
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and above-market bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program and emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally Offers Competitive Benefits:
· 401K Matching and Company Contributions
· Paid Time Off (Roll-over up to 150%) · Variable Pay (bonuses)
· Tuition Reimbursement · Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage
· Vendor Partnership Discount Program
· Charitable Gift Contribution Matching
· Adoption Assistance
A lly is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with federal & state laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person's race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive...