Under supervision, provides technical support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Troubleshoots issues that arise and develops workable solutions. Responds to telephone calls, e-mails and personnel requests for technical support. Communicate with IT Services managers and staff and other departments regarding common projects. Acts as the liaison between the IT department and the user community.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems that arise within the departments that IT Services supports.
- Provides Level I computer support, including via telephone and e-mail.
- Communicates with IT Services’ support specialists regarding the technical issues that arise with users.
- Troubleshoots hardware in the following environments: Windows PC and Macintosh.
- Provides software support in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) as well as Outlook e-mail and web access (OWA).
- Communicates with internal departments.
- Assists with preparation for new employee hardware and software requirements.
- Assesses whether the problem can be resolved at Helpdesk level, and if not, determines the next level of support and route the issue appropriately.
- Trains users on Remote Access via VPN.
- Manage system imaging and software deployment and update solutions.
- 2+ years of similar experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional understanding of basic computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook e-mail.
- Familiarity with VoIP systems.
- Ability to efficiently handle a large volume of calls in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines consistently is required.
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibility.
- Must maintain and secure sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Experience in Apple Remote Desktop, Active Directory, and LanDesk preferred.
DDB - 19 months ago
Advertising is whassup at DDB Worldwide Communications Group. One of the world's top creative ad agencies, the company has produced...