Due to company growth we are in need of an additional Help Desk Support technician. The Help Desk is the first line of support for all users, and includes the company’s customer based technical requests. The Help Desk technician will maintain and update the OTRS (Help Desk system), and provide the strategy for mining incident/solution data to insure the most efficient use of IT resources.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Microsoft Windows enterprise environment and standard applications, such as MS Office; superb organizational and time management skills, with a focus on working efficiently.
The successful candidate will be a team player, a problem solver, resourceful, and have a strong ability to leverage search technologies.
Desired candidate will also have great social skills: team members interact with all parts of a global business spanning many types of people and cultures, and the Help Desk needs a solid sense for how to interpret the needs and wishes of different people through excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate will perform all user on-board and EOE maintenance, which includes the set up and termination of the following accounts: production server, email, VOIP, mobile devices, ERP, Smartsheet, SharePoint, Wiki, iChat, copier and Digital Asset Management, etc.
- Setup user systems such as workstations, printers, voice mail, and insure that software such as cloud based applications, java, flash, media viewers, printer queues and PPD's, etc., are installed and working. The help desk technician will maintain the inventory of all applications and installs.
- First line of contact on all user-based application support requests for both cloud-based and premise-installed applications.
- First line of contact on all user-based hardware support requests.
- Maintain the Active Directory, the DNS records, and monitor all Internet domain renewals.
- Troubleshoot user and studio workstation and IP Phone network and wiring issues, including patching and re-patching of drops and ports.
- Create and maintain an applications policy list, and maintain the master inventory of applications and hardware.
- Assist the IT Specialist with datacenter infrastructure maintenance, including server and switch updates, UPS systems, wiring, etc.
- Perform off-site tape rotation, file migration and archives in accordance with prescribed client storage policies.
2+ years’ experience with help desk support
4 year degree or equivalent industry experience
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard