Job Title: IT Help Desk Technician
Location: Chesterfield, MO (Greater St. Louis, MO Area)
The IT Help Desk Technician is an administrative, technical and service information technology resource that benefits the entire organization. Their interpersonal skills coupled with technical aptitude and understanding of the IT needs of Experitec allows them to help Experitec IT support our user community, communicate with users, and support our systems throughput and stability. To provide these services, the Help Desk Technician must have a solid basic understanding of all applications and systems. The Help Desk Technician must be able to help office based and remote users by triaging their issues and either solving or, as appropriate, escalating them to other internal or external IT resources. This will require that the Help Desk Technician possesses and applies the skills necessary to effectively troubleshoot and identify the root causes of uses and problems encountered which in turn will result in the most effective issue/problem resolution. The Help Desk Technician’s primary objective is to generate user satisfaction in conjunction with the above through effective communication, triaging, troubleshooting, and issue resolution appropriate to the activities encountered.
Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills)
- Administer Experitec Help Desk Ticket system consistent with management expectations to ensure effective understanding, resolution, analysis and management of all user related support requirements and facilitation of continuous improvement opportunities (e.g. training, error cause removal).
- Provide first level of telephone, and as applicable, desk side user support / troubleshooting assistance for all local and remote employees. Determine how and when issues require escalation to other resources to ensure reasonable turnaround time on resolving all user related issues and requirements. Communicate and provide training as necessary to users to ensure applicable issues have been most effectively resolved.
- Travel to other Experitec locations (potentially up to 20%) as required supporting user and IT departmental requirements.
- Assemble, install, assemble as required hardware and related software on all devices supported by Experitec including desktops, laptops, tablets, etc. Support and execute procedures in place for improving efficiency and effectiveness of new user setup across all areas of Experitec. Participate in facility related activities such as wiring and cabling to support user community needs at all Experitec locations.
- Assist as requested in providing support to the maintaining, administering and upgrading all IT related systems and infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and support of all Experitec users.
- Maintain and administer as required any aspects of Experitec’s account and security management protocols as well as disaster recovery related processes.
Education: Minimum Associates Degree or relevant trade school certification in the IT field
Experience: 1 to 2 years relevant experience
Certification: A+ Certification
Technical Expertise: PC Troubleshooting and Repair, Strong customer service skills, Help Desk Ticket Systems (administration, reporting)
Additional Required Knowledge: Experience with all Microsoft products
Additional Preferred Knowledge: VoIP technology, ShoreTel or similar phone system administration
Monster - 9 months ago
Experitec offers a complete range of products and services to meet any process control challenge. For more than 30 years, Experitec formerly...