Base Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 /Hour
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Computer Hardware, Computer Software
All new employees or contractors must have Security+ Certification at start.
Analysts will report to an on-site shift lead. Analysts will be handling calls for the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) / Continuity of Service Contract (CoSC) Desk.
General responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide remote support of systems one or more user systems (desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, and handhelds).
- Provide basic support of systems including, break-fix, installation, move, add, change (MAC), and preventative maintenance activities
- Identify known issues and apply appropriate resolutions or escalate to a higher tier group for resolution.
- Follow government procedural guidelines, and respond to and resolve inquiries and concerns.
- Assist technical leads to research problems.
- Escalate unresolved problems to expedite resolution.
- Activate and unlock user accounts.
- Handle incoming customer calls
- Gather information about the customers problem
- Create a ticket for all customer inquiries
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Communicate resolution to customer
- Perform problem resolution follow-up
- Provide first-level and second level user administration support
- Active Directory user administration tools,
- network drive mappings,
- printer mappings
- Provide first-level and second level application software support
- Navy legacy applications
- Windows applications
- MS Office
- Provide first-level and second level network support
- General network trouble shooting
- Remote Access Services via VPN or Dial Up
- Provide first-level and second level general trouble shooting
- PC hardware
- PDA such as Palms and Blackberry
- Provide status to pending trouble tickets in a timely fashion, per policy
- Review all open tickets on a regular basis and follow up
- Document and communicate steps taken in troubleshooting process
- Provide accurate information and documentation in the ticket
- Close all tickets when problem resolved satisfactorily
- Provide customer with ticket information and ticket number
- Provide customer with ticket status when requested
- Follow-up with customer when tickets are resolved in order to close ticket
- Maintain and improve knowledge of Service Desk procedures and tools
Candidates may be required to work holidays
Weekends and non-standard schedules:
Must be flexible and able to work any shift.
Candidates must have an interim secret security clearance before starting on the service desk. Once selected all candidates must be submitted for an SSBI investigation. (TS Clearance facility at the vendor level required)
Requirements for Help Desk - I.T. Support :
- Successful candidates will have strong PC & Network troubleshooting skills and be able to resolve basic to advanced hardware, software, and connectivity problems quickly.
- Experience with Windows 2000, Outlook, and Active Directory.
- Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA preferred
- Security + certification required within 60 days of hire. We offer FREE technical training and REIMBURSEMENT of certification fees for qualified candidates.
- Must have strong customer relations skills.
- Must Pass a Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Must possess, or be able to qualify for, a government security clearance, US Citizenship required.
- Must be flexible to work any shift, nights and weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.