This position reports to the Manager of the Global Service Desk. The Global Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for the effective delivery of first level IT support to internal corporate employees and contractors via web, email, and telephone. The primary objective of the Global Service Desk is to rapidly resolve user technology issues, provision IT services, and resolve 60-80% of all incoming requests. The Global Service Desk is comprised of teams in multiple locations (US & international) and staffed by a mix of junior and senior support analysts.
The Global Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for managing incoming support requests and delivering world-class technical support remotely to users via telephone, email, chat, or other methods. He/she will be directly involved in resolving user issues and communicating service outages to users. He/she must be able to work a variety of schedules including day and swing shifts. The Global Service Desk Analyst must be receptive to management direction and coaching and be able to quickly adapt and prioritize workload to increase individual as well as team effectiveness. He/she is also expected to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the company’s values.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service and diffuse heightened end-user sensitivity
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization. Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Resolve user issues submitted via ticketing system, phone, email, or chat
- Uses troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve many issues immediately
- Escalate unresolved customer issues and recommend documented solutions and/or temporary alternative procedures to users
- Track all requests using case management application. Performance is measured by common metrics such as (but not limited to) total tickets completed, ticket response time, ticket duration, and customer satisfaction.
- Satisfactorily complete a minimum number of tickets/period within standards while maintaining satisfactory customer feedback.
- Creation, management, and termination of user accounts in Active Directory
- Contribute to the department’s knowledge base through research, projects, and documentation
- Identify and recommend efficiency and workflow improvements to management
- Execute IT policies with confidence and understanding of both the letter and the spirit of the policy
This position requires an outgoing person with excellent communications skills who enjoys helping people and working in a team environment. Generally requires a degree in business or a technical field plus 2-3 years experience in customer service or technical support. Strong research and problem solving abilities are required. Must have current knowledge of PC, Mac, and mobile device (iPhone/iPad, etc.) hardware/software and general technology trends. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Windows and Macintosh troubleshooting; wireless device (BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad) & carrier/account management; Active Directory user creation & management; VPN, RSA SecurID, Outlook, and MS Office. Understanding of LAN, WAN, and wireless networking technologies is helpful. Prior experience in an IT helpdesk or technical support call center. Multi-lingual fluency is a plus.
Varite USA - 9 months ago