The Help Desk Intern is primarily responsible for providing tier 1 local and remote support to Imagine Learning employees using Windows and Mac operating systems .
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Supports internal employees by running Windows 7 and Mac OS X desktops and laptops. Sets up and troubleshoots desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, VMware Fusion, and Windows VPN.
Assists in basic maintenance of Windows 2008 servers.
Sets up new iPhones for corporate use.
Performs PC/Mac maintenance including initial setup, reimaging, and replacing faulty parts.
Participates in an on-call rotation with other IT team members to assist employees after hours.
It is anticipated that this position will be 20 hours per week. Work schedule can be flexible within standard 8-5 office working hours. Receive work items via phone, email, in person, or via a helpdesk ticketing system. Occasional after-hours work possible as part of an on-call rotation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CompTIA A+ certification or similar experience
- Network troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Other IT certifications are a plus
- Basic troubleshooting of MS Office for Win/Mac
- Typical OS and networking setup for Windows/Mac
- Active Directory/Exchange administration experience is helpful
- 3 months of prior experience in a helpdesk or technical support role
- Minimum 1 year experience PC/Mac hardware, software troubleshooting experience
We’re looking for motivated individuals who know what it takes to be successful. If “just good enough” is how you like to do things, Imagine Learning is not be a good fit for you.
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone, and in-person
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Customer-service oriented mindset
- Self-starter, ability to prioritize your own workload and not get frustrated with frequent interruptions
- Eager to learn new technologies and applications
Imagine Learning - 6 months ago
- 30+ days ago
Imagine Learning is your language and literacy solution, providing award-winning educational software to hundreds of thousands of students...