Gerber Scientific, Inc. serves the apparel and industrial markets through its Gerber Technology segment, the sign making and specialty graphics business through its Gerber Scientific Products business and the packaging industry through Gerber Innovations.
Employees in this position serve as technical experts and participate in, or oversee a variety of analytical and technical assignments that provide for problem diagnosis and solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products in Gerber’s global IT infrastructure environment. Additionally, the employee will participate in developing and maintaining high-level design plans for the overall logical and technical IT architecture.
- Participate in technological planning and implementation to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Conduct research on products, services and emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Design and implement short- and long-term tactical and strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders. As well as, plan, schedule, track project timelines, and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain services and products.
- Recommend, and where necessary, schedule and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software assets and track their corresponding licenses to ensure compliance.
- Assess change management requirements for deploying new or improved technologies, standards, practices, policies, and procedures, and apply them to the appropriate business activities.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup and their associated operating systems and software, as well as security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Bachelor degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or related discipline
- Certifications or training related to SAP Basis, UNIX or Linux are required and knowledge of VMware, Windows Server, or ITIL is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years work experience.
- At least 3 years direct experience administrating SAP applications (i.e. SAP Basis, APO, BW, etc.)
- Proven experience in systems design and development.
- Working knowledge of networking hardware, software and protocols, PC, operating systems, and virtualization technology highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced knowledge in any of the following areas is desirable: RedHat, Linux, SAP Basis, AIX,Oracle, SOLMAN
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Reacts efficiently to project adjustments, shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Overtime and occasional night or weekend work may be required in meet project deadlines or interact with international colleagues
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- 22 months ago - save job