Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-200F’s and B747-400BCF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the experience of a lifetime… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
The Infrastructure Architect’s role is to maintain the company’s IT infrastructure and keep the systems and environment running 24/7/365. Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop, implement and support IT Infrastructure and hardware systems; ensure proper development, planning, budgeting and setup of company’s IT backbone.
• Propose and prioritize infrastructure projects based on the needs of the business and appropriate cost/benefit analyses.
• Support annual expense and capital budget planning.
• Promote a customer oriented department focused on quality of service.
• Ensure effective IT policies, procedures and standards are implemented and followed throughout the company, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance related to IT.
• Direct the implementation of hardware and infrastructure system upgrades and enhancements.
• Present regular updates of IT infrastructure performance to senior management.
• Develop and manage Disaster Recovery plans as determined necessary by senior management.
• Improve utilization and effectiveness of existing IT systems and move towards consistent applications throughout the company promoting cost reducing initiatives.
• Oversee the relationship with external vendors to assure best pricing, service options and quality delivery of services.
• Maintain IT licensing and statutory compliance within the company.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of hardware documentation and guidelines.
• 10+ years of IT technical experience with direct responsibility for infrastructure and hardware systems.
• Experience managing complex IT infrastructure.
• Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft environment (Active Directory, Exchange, and ISA).
• Overall system administration experience (VMWare, Windows Server, etc.).
• Strong network support experience (Cisco, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, and web infrastructure).
• SAN support experience (EMC celera).
• System backup and recovery knowledge.
• Disaster recovery knowledge.
• System/infrastructure security expertise (enterprise anti-virus – Trend Micro, firewall/VPN, password/authentication, IP, and group policy management).
• Blackberry Enterprise Server management experience.
• Proven strong leadership skills and experience.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly logical.
• Technically proficient.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• BS in Computer Science or technical degree preferred.
NO RELO AVAILABLE.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 23 months ago