Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager manages execution and the successful delivery of IT Infrastructure solutions. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will perform an important role in planning, organizing, coordinating, tracking, reporting, and guiding successful delivery of projects from inception to completion. In this position the candidate will work with IT Technical portfolios, business unit partners, and systems vendors for project implementation.
The role of the Project Manager is to oversee the planning and execution of projects, and related workstreams, within the Infrastructure project execution group. The Project Manager must apply sound project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to plan and manage project deliverables to meet or exceed stakeholder expectations. Initial assignment will be focused upon the successful execution and delivery for an enterprise Document / Content Management initiative. Future assignments in the Voice, Data Network, Security, or Cloud programs are a potential. This position will provide exposure to the various lines of business being supported by the Operations, Architecture and Infrastructure Systems division.
- Coordinate and partner across all relevant IT, engineering, project management, and supplier groups to ensure approved deliverables are integrated, tested, and launched successfully and on time.
- Lead project teams through scoping definition, generation / validation of Business requirements and ensure all execution efforts align to project and program goals
- Lead the establishment of measurable and achievable critical success factors for all initiatives
- Control planning and execution to ensure that cost, time, and quality goals are met
- Create, manage and update project plans and provide oversight to the project
- Lead effort estimating and project costing to create a budget that reflects total project cost (including all resources and capital). Manage against the approved project funding and recommend course correction as necessary
- Proactively, manage risks and issues, develop mitigation strategies and communicate impacts to all stakeholders, including executive teams
- Manage project communication with vendors, internal team members, and business unit partners, and all relevant stakeholders including periodic stakeholder meetings to ensure status clarity and clear expectations
- Follow and promote standard organizational project management process and methodology
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience with specific emphasis within Infrastructure
- Excellent presentation, organizational and planning skills
- Experience managing strategic and cross functional initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of project planning tools and software (Microsoft Project, Visio, etc.) is required; SharePoint skills a plus
- Previous experience with Enterprise Document / Content Management applications and migrations a plus
Travelers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Sabre Holdings, an S&P 500 company, is a world leader in travel commerce, retailing travel products and providing distribution and...