Suddenlink Communications is looking for an intern to work with the Java Developers in the IT Department for the summer of 2013. This is paid internship and work hours will be M-F, 8-5. The approximate schedule is from June 2013 to August 2013.
The internship will:
• Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Currently enrolled in school with a concentration in Computer Science
• Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including Java, PHP, .Net, HTML, Perl, CSS, bash, csh, ksh, SQL., Groovy, and Ruby.
• Understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including web services, AJAX.
• Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
Suddenlink - 10 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...