A Verizon Information Technology role is a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. An experience that will put you front and center. Hands-on. Contributing your creative energy to high-impact technical projects from the moment you arrive. You’ll have the opportunity to create and work with new technology that will revolutionize communications.
Our Information Technology (IT) roles offer you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally. Verizon is continually recognized for its best in class technical training programs that prepare IT team members to engage on the latest technologies. Your work will influence exciting and challenging projects such as 4G LTE, Machine to Machine communications, Cloud Computing, handset application development, eCommerce, self-service and FIOS.
Internship opportunities are available in any one of the following areas:
• Software Development
-SQL, OLAP, SOAP, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
• IT Project Management
• Data Center Planning and Operations
-UNIX, Intel, Mainframe
• TCP/IP, Network design
• Quality Assurance Testing
• Information Security
• End User and Technical Support
Candidates graduating after December 2013 are encouraged to apply. Start dates for these internship opportunities are typically in the summer.
To be successful you’ll need:
• To be graduating after December 2013
• To be enrolled in a Bachelors/Master’s program for: Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent major
3.0 GPA or greater in Major preferred
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices. Java/J2EE, XML, and operational procedures.
• Strong analytical skills and solid communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
Our recruiters will review your application for available IT intern opportunities at Verizon. If a possible match is identified, a recruiter will contact you to further discuss your skills and professional interests.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 2 years ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...