Performs complex level professional IT internal auditing work. Work involves executing and/or leading IT audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing key input to development of the Annual Audit Plan; and providing training and coaching to Internal Audit staff. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Leads IT audits of various complexity or performs components of audits. Oversees the work of third-party providers.
2. Performs effective risk assessments by analyzing IT processes, business activities, key systems and applications; identifying key risks; and assessing the effectiveness of risk management practices and controls. Provides key input into the development of the annual Audit plan and assists with ongoing risk assessment for the assigned areas.
3. Designs and performs audit procedures including identification of key risks, controls, audit objectives and audit procedures to meet defined audit objectives and evaluate effectiveness of controls.
4. Supervises and coordinates work assignments among audit team members and reviews audit work papers for quality, completeness, accuracy and compliance with policies, procedures and IIA standards.
5. Identifies control weaknesses, instances of non-compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations, ineffective/inefficient processes, and other reportable audit issues; develops recommendations that address root cause of the issue using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
6. Communicates the results of audit projects, identified issues and recommendations to management in written reports and oral presentations.
7. Assists with development of data analytics tools to be used in audit engagements and continuous monitoring.
8. Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
9. Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
10. Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
11. Provides training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
12. Assists the Director of Internal Audit by completing other assigned tasks.
13. Provides leadership, development and guidance to the internal audit staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least eight years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or IT-related field and at least four years of “supervisory” type experience.
- A graduate degree in business administration, accounting or IT-related field, or a second certification (CIS CPA).
- Ability to perform IT risk assessment, ITGC and application controls testing, knowledge of COBIT and regulatory guidance (FFIEC, GLBA, etc.).
- Experience in the banking industry, auditing, finance, accounting or related field is preferred.
- Big 4 or public accounting experience is highly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
High Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advanced computer skills. Experience with audit software and/or data analytics tools.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification such as CISA, CPA.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Capital Bank - 13 months ago