Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as an IT Internal Audit Supervisor
1) In conjunction with process management, develop a mutual understanding of the expectations of the audit or project.
2) Establish the objectives, scope and timing of each audit or project.
3) Supervise small and medium size audits and/or projects, effectively utilizing audit resources to provide reasonable
assurance that proper controls exist, are functioning as intended, and risks are appropriately mitigated.
4) Review work performed by the audit team and challenge their understanding of audit areas and processes to ensure
5) Serve as a contact for external financial statement auditors on all ICFR issues, maximizing their ability to rely on the control
documentation, assessment, and testing procedures completed internally.
6) Assist in the annual ICFR scoping and risk assessment process. Continually monitor and identify organizational changes
that could impact financial reporting processes and controls.
7) Take the lead on developing a positive and effective working relationship with process management and staff.
8) Provide recommendations that add value to the entity and/or process area under review and are agreed to by management.
9) Prepare audit reports, presentations to management, and communications to the Audit Committee, ensuring clarity and
conciseness, as well as grammatical and spelling accuracy.
10) Communicate and work with the audit team throughout the engagement to complete audits and projects on a timely
11) As needed, follow up with process management to ensure the effective and timely implementation of audit
12) Manage and build on relationships with people at all levels of the organization, including Executive Vice Presidents.
13) Provide timely feedback to audit staff after the completion of each audit/project.
14) Stay abreast of best practices relating to Internal Audit as well as insurance and credit union industries through self-
directed, internal, and external training.
15) Demonstrate leadership skills and assist team members by providing guidance and mentoring.
16) Attend and/or conduct internal meetings and participate in the recruitment and hiring of Internal Audit staff.
17) The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
1) Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
2) Currently possess CPA, CIA, or CISA.
3) Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible public accounting firm, consulting, and/or internal audit experience to
a. Leading medium to large project/audit efforts
b. Providing relevant feedback, coaching, and guidance to staff and senior auditors
c. Understanding of financial, operational, and/or IT controls
d. Ability to assess and navigate a situation and bring clarity
e. Ability to build relationships with, persuade, and influence key stakeholders, including senior business leaders
4) Ability to effectively work independently, in a team environment and lead others in a team environment as demonstrated
through past work experience.
5) Demonstrated strong communication skills including written and oral presentations.
6) Strong software skills, including financial systems and all Microsoft Office applications.
7) Ability to develop and incorporate new techniques and technologies in the audit process, as well as teach others the new
8) Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the abili
9) Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following: GAAP, Statutory basis of accounting, COBIT, COSO, MAR, or the
IIA Professional Framework.
10) Willingness to travel up to 25%.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Actuarial, Finance, Accounting
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: JMK20131906-57248