Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
The Hennepin County Information Technology (IT) Community delivers innovative, effective, and timely business-driven IT solutions in a secure, reliable, accessible, and fiscally responsible manner.
As part of the IT Department's Service Management team, the IT Knowledge Management Specialist works to support a broad range of needs relating to the processes and technologies used in delivery of IT incident and request services. This position produces the documents and process to communicate complex technical information at an appropriate level specific for the audience consumption. The IT Knowledge Management Specialist develops, gathers, and disseminates the technical information to customers and internal support staff, using knowledge management/formatting for the Remedy system.
This is a temporary (limited duration), full-time, benefit-earning position with a duration of up to two years . Under the Hennepin County Job Classification Specifications system, this job is classified as a Senior IT Business Analyst . The list created from this job announcement may be used to fill future permanent, full-time, benefit-earning positions.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Utilize the Remedy system for knowledge management.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Work with technical staff to improve knowledge documents, therefore needing fewer instructions.
- Organize and write supporting documents.
- Develop templates and processes to improve knowledge management for resolution and incident management.
- Select photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users' understanding.
- Get usability feedback from customers and internal staff.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. A background check will be conducted post-interview. Position will remain open until filled.
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information system (MIS), and/or related field plus one year or more of professional IT experience.
- Associate's degree in related field or approved certification in an IT program plus two years or more of professional IT experience. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis
- Two years or more of experience with ITIL Knowledge Management process; experience with Remedy Knowledge Management module preferred.
- Three years or more of experience in delivering IT service desk support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to facilitate discussions and collaborate with all organizational levels of business and technical staff.
- Ability to produce the documents and process to communicate complex technical information at an appropriate level specific for the audience consumption.
- Ability to work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
- Ability to demonstrate the employee competencies .
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.ServiceCenter@co.hennepin.mn.us or call us at 612.348.2163.
Hennepin County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the Human Resources Department, A-400 Government Center, Minneapolis, MN 55487, 612-348-2163.
Current open positions may be viewed at www.hennepin.jobs
Hennepin County - 19 months ago