This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions and documentation for both applications and infrastructure across sites in Purdue. Concentrated functional areas of job performance will include managing the creation and on-going maintenance of disaster recovery plans and supporting documentation for critical applications and infrastructure. Additional areas of responsibility include, project management of disaster recovery exercises, develop and document of policies and guidelines supporting the disaster recovery program, running cross site disaster recovery meetings, and management of disaster events impacting organizational assets.
Primary responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Identifying and securing back-up systems and written policies and procedures
- Development, testing, and implementation of the business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Design, develop, and maintain the disaster recovery plan
- Work with organization executives to recommend a rank ordering of the organization's business processes with respect to the relative importance within the organization's business domain & vulnerability.
- Work with Information Security specialists to conduct threat, risk, vulnerability assessments, and recommends disaster recovery strategies of both the IT and critical infrastructures supporting the business processes
- Exercise the company's Disaster Recovery plans in mock scenarios or in the form of organized tests.
- Learn and adhere to Purdue's Validation requirements, Standard-operating procedures (SOP), Change Control maintenance, and the Project Quality Model (PQM), for product life cycle.
- Evaluates and facilitates potential impacts to the organizations' business processes in relation to the information assurance and disaster recovery plans.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Working knowledge and experience within ITIL and ISO quality standards.
- Presentation to management and clients.
- Promote and enforce the use of Purdue's Data Security policies and standards.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
BS in CIS, Electronics, Engineering or related field /Equivalent Training / Certification and 8+ years of project management experience in a validated systems environment.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Experience in validation within a GMP pharmaceutical environment desired. Demonstrates mastery of disaster recovery and an advanced knowledge of data center infrastructures and their inter-dependencies. Collaborates with peers to develop solutions. May mentor or coach staff in some cases. Demonstrated mastery in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery required, as well as an advanced knowledge in multiple disciplines such as Computer System Validation, Citrix, EMC, NetApp, VmWare, Cisco, Microsoft, and McData.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com . No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 7 months ago