Reports to: IT Director, Infrastructure
Management position responsible for the strategic and tactical server and infrastructure systems environment maintained by a team of 8-12 system administrators and system engineers. The servers and infrastructure systems provide foundational services for mission-critical business applications and processing of data with outside partner organizations. This is a working manager position requiring a minimum 8-10 years of technical IT experience and experience in managing departmental teams and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Documentation and organizational skills are also required. The candidate will have a broad base of experience to provide guidance on best practices and implementation methods for servers, operating systems, storage, and backup systems.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Provide leadership for staff of 8-12 individuals including goal setting, management of vacation/sick time, schedule coordination, mentoring, and related manager HR functions.
- Manage incident tickets with staff and customers to maintain satisfaction levels and closure per stated SLAs.
- Representing the systems engineering group in planning, architecture, budget, status, and other meetings.
- Reviewing and approving change requests and participation in change review meetings.
- Maintain and track licensing compliance for operating systems, COTS, and other software.
- Maintain and track status of hardware warranties.
- Provide a single point of contact for non-standard department requests.
- Obtain quotes on various hardware and software products from outside partners.
- Manage the completion of project milestones and provide status upon request.
- Create procedures and documentation for departmental functions.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external auditors.
- Manage partner and 3 rd party providers, both on-site and off-shore, and verify adherence to stated SLA ’s.
- Establish departmental metrics and generate monthly reports on actual vs. goal.
- Maintain availability of servers and infrastructure systems 24x7.
- Maintain availability and monitoring of 500-600 business system servers including application, file, database and print servers and services including DNS, DHCP, Email, FTP, printing, drive storage, and Active Directory.
- Provide point of contact for incident tickets escalated to tier 2/3 support to the Service Desk manager and other leadership within the IT department.
- Represent systems engineering during critical situations.
- Perform leadership and direction for problem management and root cause analysis.
- Perform other operational support tasks as required to maintain infrastructure uptime.
- Uphold PCI and SOX compliancy through patch management, policy adherence, and IT governance.
- Lead or participate in multiple projects in accordance with corporate and departmental goals.
- Perform strategic planning of infrastructure including road maps, system designs, cost, and time estimates.
- Guide the design systems architecture based on developer or vendor-provided specifications and requirements.
- Provide project management of server builds, patch management, and related project tasks.
- Provide input and direction for annual budget to support business strategies.
- Perform reviews of, and produce enhancements to approaches and processes for the department.
- Build strategic partnerships and alliances with key partners.
- Identify technical and/or financial opportunities for sever and infrastructure systems.
- Evaluate potential application and risk of new technologies to determine organizational fit.
- Create cost models for hosting and other infrastructure services.
- Identify solutions to potential security risks.
- Participate in the development of schedules, priorities, and determination of time lines and resources needed for new and ongoing projects.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Oversees System Administrators, System Engineers (all levels), and any outsourced or contracted team members.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 8-10 years of IT management experience in a corporate environment.
- Architectural level knowledge of server and infrastructure systems and components.
- Extensive experience with multi-tier server architecture.
- Windows MCSE certification or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency in implementing windows systems.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts and roles.
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility of work hours.
- Multitasking in a team environment.
- Ability to delegate tasks and mentor staff.
- Ability to make appropriate, independent decisions responsibly.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer, multiple computer room facilities, telecommunication equipment rooms, satellite and microwave technologies, etc.
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 75 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
Republic Airways - 20 months ago
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...