Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Overview This role will be part of the Security Operations and Delivery Management team and will collaborate accordingly to strengthen the operational posture of infrastructure and security operations within the assigned areas and help IT Service Delivery as a whole achieve Operational Excellence. A hands-on approach with a high level of technical expertise including system security, user support, system design and build, system administration, application administration, storage, virtualization, and databases will be necessary. This role requires a strong focus on operational performance and team management that leverages a data driven approach that enables proactive problem solving and ensures meeting service level agreements.
Responsibilities · Provide strong leadership, technical guidance/direction and overall management of assigned teams whether these teams are made up of internal staff, externally provided managed services, or a combination of both. Responsible for ensuring those teams follow stated strategy and objectives to achieve Operational Excellence goals.
· Personnel management activities to include employee development, staff meetings, performance reviews, staffing and coaching.
· Prioritize and communicate ongoing activities and projects to support Operational Excellence goals. Position staff for success and provide ongoing coaching as needed.
· Encourage and enforce knowledge sharing, collaboration, and communication in accordance with IT processes to support success across all functional teams within Classified Security and Infrastructure Operations and ITS as a whole.
· Interface with other ITS teams and management to ensure compliance with strategies, standards, and security requirements. Communicate accordingly to assigned teams.
· Participate as a leadership team member to champion Operational Excellence goals and objectives.
· Provide organizational management including budget/financial planning, time & priority management, resource planning & forecasting, project management, annual planning, audit planning and response.
· Provide operational financial oversight for classified Business Unit planning, resources and programs.
· Act as liaison for assigned Ball Aerospace Strategic Business Units.
· Interface with external vendors accordingly to ensure documented expectations are met and address all issues in a timely manner.
· Develop and document the process and procedures for consistent and effective security and infrastructure management, methodologies and standards. Responsible for holding teams accountable to stated process and procedures.
· Establish, define, and communicate effective roles and responsibilities and associated performance expectations for assigned teams.
· Assist in the development and management of the information security and infrastructure operations program. Responsible for managing and monitoring the program infrastructure ensuring the currency, availability, security, integrity, and privacy of information and systems.
· Responds to and, where appropriate, serve as a key resource for computer security incident response planning, investigation, corrective actions and execution for the responsible area.
· Serve as classified program focal point and escalation manager for incidents related to assigned teams and areas of responsibility.
· Responsible for the review of applications and/or technology environments during the development or acquisitions process to ensure compliance with Company standards, operating guidelines, security policies and directions.
· Oversee the response to and follows up on system or security events reported by audits, SIEM tools or in system and event logs.
· Develops and maintains system recovery plans, processes and procedures in accordance with defined policies, standards and business requirements for designated systems.
· Mentors personnel and leads activities and task delegation, execution and management for the classified security and infrastructure operations team.
· Some weekend and after-hours security support work may be required.
Required Skills and Knowledge Educational Qualifications · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Management or related field plus ten years’ experience.
· Master's degree is preferred.
· Current security clearance a plus, ability to be cleared to Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph required.
Technical Competency · Experience in developing, documenting, implementing and maintaining processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of NIST SP 800 series, FIPS, JFAN, NISPOM, FAR and other government information operations and security policies, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies desired.
· Strong technical skills in the areas of Storage, Database (SQL & Oracle), and Server functions (physical & virtual) and associated operating systems (Wintel, Unix/Linux, Solaris); must have familiarity with best practices for these areas from an operations perspective.
· Knowledge of information operations and security principles, including risk assessment, threat and vulnerability management.
Occupational Personality · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective service delivery, problem resolution, security incident and problem resolution
· Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
· Strong leadership and management skills to set direction, process, and enforce accountability.
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams through a maturity process as part of continuous improvement.
· Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
· Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
Skills · CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications preferred, ability to obtain CISSP, CISM within 12 months required.
Relocation Relocation is available for this position
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.