At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon has an immediate opening for an IT Manager in one of our Fulfillment Centers. Fulfillment Centers throughout the North America handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. She/he will coordinate training, manage resources, and direct the efforts of a world class staff. Candidate must be forward thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills. The IT manager serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facility. Amazon IT Managers are expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 5+ years people managing experience
- Experience working with operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day
- Willingness to work flexible schedule as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Project management skills
- Technical expertise in one or more IT related fields including networking, Linux administration, Microsoft administration, and/or Cisco network configuration and management
- Understanding of core internet technologies - DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or technical discipline
- High Degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure
- Experience managing teams in a high pressure IT environment
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building
- Excellent understanding of computers
- Superior technical aptitude
- Proven ability to manage complex tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
Amazon.com - 18 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...