A worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and sales of springs, Associated Spring Raymond division, Barnes Group, Inc., provides thousands of parts to industry, including die springs, MRO products, gas springs and fasteners. In addition, the company offers a wide range of stock and custom made compression and extension springs, curved washers, finger washers, retaining rings and mechanical spring struts through its catalog offersing and wide distribution base. Since 1923 Associated Spring Raymond has exceeded its customers' expectations by supplying innovative engineered products through a world class distribution system while maximizing quality, delivery and customer service.
An exciting career opportunity is available for a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives as an Information Technology Manager. In this role you will establish, plan and administer the overall policies and goals for the IT department to support the strategies and priorities of the business. You will be responsible for developing IT Strategic plans/roadmaps and providing direction to management. Additionally, managing projects and supporting activities to ensure they are executed in a timely and efficient manner is key.
- Responsible for maintaining AS/400, including the development from user requests.
- Responsible for maintaining and assuring functionality of the Infor JBA ERP business system.
- Develops and implements new programs, software, etc. through project management on a timely basis.
- Maintains and implements EDI function to support customer requirements.
- Maintains and develops telecommunication systems to effectively administer the Wide Area Network.
- Maintains strong internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and corporate policies
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and updating Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Understands lean concepts and drives the business towards effective and efficient processes
- Oversee and support the requirements of our international operations. Makes recommendations for improved communications and transfer of data.
- Supervise and direct the development of the IT staff.
- Recommend programming changes to increase efficiency of system and identify new system enhancements to support business needs, BES, and Lean Enterprise
- Insure efficient operation of system at all times.
- Understand and ensure customer specific requirements, as related to your function, are met.
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies and operational procedures including SOX Compliance.
- Experience and knowledge in PC’s, networks, databases and implementing application software packages. Knowledge of ProGen, Sequel, Infor Future 3 preferred.
- Strong PC aptitude in a Windows environment required; specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams on projects.
- Detail oriented and analytical problem-solving skills are essential
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks concurrently.
- Broad background of development, operational, and technical knowledge
- Ability to manage and negotiate with third party vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience.
- 3-5 years experience in business applications development.
- 3-5 years experience on AS/400 with RPG & CL programming.
- Infor JBA ERP experience preferred.
- EDI experience preferred.
- Experience managing projects of at least 500 man-hours with a minimum of two people.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -