The IT Manager will be responsible for the operational, technical and staff management of the company’s Information Technology (IT) team to ensure smooth performance of our key technologies, as well as to research, implement, and execute strategic initiatives, projects, and improvements. This role will provide primary support and maintenance for the company’s network and infrastructure and develop initiatives to reduce cost and create efficiencies. Beyond the network-focused duties, the IT Manager will oversee and provide expert leadership for the following IT functions: disaster recovery, Windows server environment, storage infrastructure, hardware and software acquisition & maintenance, and vendor contracts. As the team lead, the IT Manager will prioritize technology initiatives to achieve business goals, ensure that best industry practices are implemented, and provide senior leadership with timely metrics and reporting on systems functionality and performance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10-12 years relevant IT experience required, with a minimum of 5 years of staff and operational management experience preferred.
- Successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in evaluating, deploying, and managing both small-scale and large-scale technology platforms.
- Strong organizational and teaming skills, leadership in process development and documentation of standards.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting corporate IT infrastructure.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure, and assigns responsibilities to direct reports.
- Oversees the administration of the company's WAN and other corporate business systems.
- Manages and develops upgrades to the company's telephone system at the corporate level.
- Oversees all telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support as necessary.
- Works with project teams to plan and implement additions, deletions, and major modifications to Internal Systems.
- Oversees all help desk activities at the corporate level.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Interacts with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides recommendations in a timely manner.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of corporate job tracking software.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products, and maintenance service agreements.
- Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies, including negotiating maintenance service agreements at the corporate level.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Facilitates team meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with team.
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization and general information systems news.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters both internally and at the corporate level
- Responds/acts on executive management directions.