MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace™—helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with providers including Cisco, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, HP, Apple, Dell and Lenovo. Headquartered in Cleveland, and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in personal systems, image and print, collaboration, borderless networks and support.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner for 5 consecutive years, MCPc is consistently recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work.
The IT Manager is responsible for maintaining the technology environment at MCPc and providing end user support to the organization.
This position requires a deep understanding and hands-on experience with server/storage hardware, virtualization technology, network infrastructure and protocols, and application management.
He/she also participates in the planning and implementation of procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with corporate mission, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
The ideal individual for this role exhibits strong organizational and communications skills as well as a passion for information technology.
- Manage, monitor and support computer servers and network systems to ensure high levels of availability and security, which includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing server, storage, and network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Coordinate with internal MCPc business units to support and maintain applicable systems and infrastructure within the organization, particularly for Cisco hardware/applications and the printing & imaging functionality
- Engage and manage relationship with MCPc help desk and provide escalation support when necessary.
- Perform server, storage, and network design and capacity planning.
- Manage server operations and maintenance for all production systems, including file, e-mail, virtualization, and backup, to ensure the highest levels of availability and performance.
- Conduct research on server, storage, and network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Responsible for design, maintenance and support of the MCPc’s network and systems architecture.
- Plans and directs the effort to develop and implement information technology solutions that support current and future business needs, while increasing operational efficiencies and reducing expenses.
- Create updates and implements IT procedures and practices with a focus on increasing operational efficiencies and cost containment.
- Review facilitation and integration of new property acquisitions, from a network architecture and data integration standpoint, towards standardization.
- Keep abreast of latest technology and industry trends, recommends equipment and system enhancements, upgrades and/or replacements as necessary to meet the IT needs of the organization.
- Experience managing IT infrastructure from desktop, networking, server and Cisco.
- Proven ability to analyze, define and make proposals tied to an IT infrastructure.
- Proven communication and people management skills.
- Proven vendor relationship management.
- Drive to take personal ownership of issues, and the habit of following up with internal customers, co-workers and employees until issues are resolved and projects completed.
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills.
- Proven face to face interaction with internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, EE or similar major
- 5+ years Information Technology experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Windows Server 2003/2008, VMWare vSphere, Citrix Presentation Server, Cisco Call Manager, PRI and SIP trunking, Backup Exec
- Minimal, MCSE
- Minimal, CCNA
MCPc, Inc. - 30+ days ago