TED Conferences is hiring an IT Manager to support its growing operations. The successful candidate will report to the CTO and the CFO and will have interactions with all aspects of the organization’s people and technology infrastructure. The position will be based in our NYC office. We are heavy Apple users.
The IT Manager will develop and maintain the organization’s Information Technology infrastructure to ensure people are working as efficiently as possible and the organization’s electronic information is safe and secure. Will provide customer support to all users. Maintain the organization’s server room. Budget for and purchase most of the technology used by the organization. Will prepare an annual budget and work to ensure we spend wisely. Maintain appropriate technology inventory database and manage user technology life cycle. Provide excellent customer service.
Skill and knowledge requirements:
- Prepare annual technology budget and manage to the budget
- Purchase appropriate technology at the best pricing possible. Develop and maintain good relationships with technology vendors and purchase at best possible prices.
- Maintain technology inventory database
- Develop and manage technology life cycle plan
- Provide user support as needed
- Maintain video conference technology and provide support
- Maintain phone/communication systems
- Maintain server room and components. We expect a stunning server room.
- Ensure appropriate back up of information
- Trouble shoot
- Assist remote users to ensure smoothest possible interface with HQ
- Stay on top of latest developments and implement time saving solutions
- Ensure smooth office operations: fast and solid wi-fi, users have the appropriate technology to get their work done as efficiently as possible, stellar video conferencing and communication with outside parties, a clean and neat tech office environment.
- Research and recommend new technology solutions
A passion for collaboration and perpetual curiosity for learning are big pluses. Also: We only hire extremely nice people.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Very comfortable with Apple environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the person will interface with all TED people and various external vendors
Position is located in our Manhattan office. Telecommuting is not an option.
TED - 11 months ago