The purpose of this position is to secure and manage The Right Step electronic data and IT Infrastructure.
- Monitor, maintain and protect servers, email, networks, network devices and user’s computers, terminals, and computer systems for 24/7 uptime including call center.
- Make and protect server backups, data and emailarchives; prepares for and tests disaster recovery; monitor and maintainnetwork security using firewalls, website blocking, email scanning and other security measures; complies with and helps to enforce standards, policies andprocedures.
- Assist Elements in collecting any data as needed; develop secure ongoing access for this collection and in gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports.
- Administration and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure and coordination of IT related training programs and sessions for the company.
- Oversee IT vendors’ performance including vendors supporting telephone systems; communicates effectively with clients/vendors to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Oversight of IT related HIPAA creation and compliance and report and investigate violations; also works closely with the Compliance Manager and Compliance committee to help create and maintain IT
policies for program certification/accreditation. (CARF, JCHAO, federal or state licensing).
- Set up data security and create and maintain specific domain security groups to protect and limit access to our clients PHI data.
- Maintain secure share/folder/file security on our servers. Test for and correct/limit access to protected data.
- Create and maintain all user, email and EMR accounts.
- Purchasing and deployment of IT related hardware.
- Manage IT inventory and plan and deploy new software and hardware rollouts; determine current and future enterprise level needs.
- Works to improve IT existing systems and implement new policies, systems or upgrades and perform minor repairs to computer and network hardware.
- Help management prepare IT budgets.
- Assist internal clients, at all levels, to resolve IT-related issues and communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Oversee all help desk activities directing services from vendors as approved and reports issues to management in a timely manner; acts as the local security director for all Information Technologies
and serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters.
- Manage TRS telephone and mobile phone systems and upgrades; including routing for seating assignments; monitor and maintain internet, intra office, data center and telephone connectivity in all sites; maintain and
secure mobile devices including laptops, mobile phones, tablets and EMR devices to ensure security for access to PHI data.
- Management and coordination of new and moving offices for Internet connectivity, phone systems, phone lines, computer systems, printers, fax equipment. Ensure enough power and AC is available for 24/7 uptime; configure additional backup data/telephone systems if possible.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices and technologies.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Attends status meetings with management and facilitates team meetings effectively; delivers engaging, informative, well-organized
- Responds/acts on-management direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in IT field
- Bachelors degree in Computer science or other related degree preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Windows Operation systems for both client and server, including Server 2008, Windows 7, Exchange Server, Microsoft Office and SQL server.
- Must have knowledge and experience with telephony systems – including VOIP.
- Must have knowledge and experience with providing secure networking services and equipment.
- Demonstrated analytic, written, organizational and oral communications skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Server virtualization and VMware knowledge is a plus. Phone system programming is a plus.
- Ability to move moderately heavy objects such as computer and printers.
The Right Step - 16 months ago