Welsh companies, llc
Job Title: IT Manager
Department: IT Department
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Last Modified: January 14, 2014
Welsh provides a complete spectrum of commercial real estate services, offering brokerage, real estate management, construction, facility management, architecture and real estate capital services.
The IT Manager is responsible for defining and executing the technology and telecom strategy for all of Welsh, and for managing the day-to-day operations and financial budget of the IT department. The IT Manager needs a broad knowledge of all aspects of IT, including technology infrastructure, support, and project management. They must have strong analytical, strategic planning, and interpersonal communications skills. They must possess a high degree of personal accountability, independence, leadership, vision, and a strong customer service mentality.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Define, communicate, and implement the company’s overall IT strategy.
- Align IT infrastructure and initiatives with company goals and initiatives.
- Define and create department standards, policies, and procedures.
- Procure hardware, software, and services to support more than 250 internal users across 10 locations.
- Deliver secure, reliable IT infrastructure and services for data center, network, servers, data, and endpoints.
- Oversee the Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 support for all network, hardware, software, data, and security questions and problems.
- Define internal department standards for documentation and procedures.
- Design and implement Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery strategy, implementation, and testing.
- Analyze incoming work requests, prioritize and maintain a project portfolio that aligns with business strategy.
- Manage the design, development, and delivery of custom built and packaged IT systems.
- Establish and monitor IT department budget and manage cost allocation process.
- Set expectations, assign work, monitor progress, and conduct performance reviews of staff.
- Manage personal development of staff; evaluate education and training needs, identify opportunities for growth and development, training, seminars, and development as necessary.
- Work closely with the department leads to provide best in class IT services, solutions, and strategies.
Additional areas of focus may include:
- Network Administration and Security
- System/Software Selection and Implementation
- Application Development and Implementation
- Quality Assurance and Release Management
- Intranets, extranets, and public websites
- A bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, information technology, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 8 years IT experience.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a management role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT.
- Strong analytical, planning, and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with network management, systems support and/or project management including VMWare, SAN, Microsoft operating systems ( MS Exchange Server) Citrix, Cisco routers and switches, firewalls, and VOIP phone systems.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Familiarity with CRM, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
EEO/Affirmative Action STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color national origin, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability/genetic information.
Best Representation Statement
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.
Welsh Companies - 12 months ago
Welsh is a full-service commercial real estate company, established in 1977. For over 30 years, Welsh Companies has and continues to provide...