The IT Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the IT department. The manager assigns and monitors the work for the department. In addition, the IT Manager is responsible for defining and executing the technology strategy for all of Welsh. The IT Manager needs a broad knowledge of all aspects of IT , including technology infrastructure, support, and application development. They must have strong analytical, strategic planning and communications skills. They must possess a high degree of personal accountability, independence, leadership, and a strong customer service mentality.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
- Define, communicate, and implement the company*s overall IT strategy.
- Work closely with other management to align IT initiatives with company goals and initiatives.
- Define the company*s overall technology standards, processes, and policies.
- Procure technology hardware, software, and services.
- Work with vendors and service providers to deliver secure, reliable IT infrastructure and services for data center, network, servers, data, and endpoints.
- Oversee the Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 support for all network, hardware, software, data, and security questions and problems.
- Define internal department standards for documentation and procedures.
Additional areas of focus may include:
- Analyze incoming work requests, and maintain a project portfolio.
- Manage the design, development, and delivery of IT projects and systems (custom and commercial).
- Network Administration and Security
- System Selection and Implementation
- Application Development and Implementation
- Quality Assurance and Release Management
- Intranets, extranets, and public websites
- A bachelor*s degree in a computer field or a combination of relevant education and equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A minimum of 8 years IT experience.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT .
- Strong analytical, planning, and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with network management, systems support and/or project management.
Monster - 11 months ago