We are looking for someone who has previous experience supporting IT applications, networks and information security programs. In addition, the candidate will have formal people management experience (hiring, performance appraisals, developing technical competency of staff). This is a hands-on management position. You should enjoy working in a highly visible, fast paced environment with aggressive deadlines and should want to be a part of a team that will help shape the future of nCircle.
- Proactively maintain and extend operations of an international corporate technology infrastructure and operations for 150+ employees that enable the business to achieve all objectives within service level agreements.
- Manage an international help desk. Articulate, monitor and ensure IT service level agreements.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with cross-functional business leaders to define strategies for key projects.
- Evaluate business needs, research and formulate solutions, and make solution recommendations.
- Display a strong work ethic with a strong initiative to make things happen.
- Continually gain skills and knowledge that benefit IT staff and operations.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Works with IT staff, management and others to help ensure information security best practices are followed. Assist with SOC2 audit and compliance.
- Manage vendor relationships and service level agreements with outsourced service providers.
- Participates in budget process.
- Create, develop and execute cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining, implementing and collaborating with nCircle staff, management and customers to deliver appropriate information security in accordance with industry best practices.
nCircle offers a dynamic yet casual and fun work environment in various locations throughout North America, including Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Toronto. We recognize that our employees are the key to our future as evidenced by our selection as one of the Greater Bay Area’s ‘Best Places to Work’ by the San Francisco Business Times. We offer a unique environment where your ideas are always appreciated and your contributions make an important difference. Because of this philosophy, we offer competitive compensation packages, top-notch benefits as well as stock options to every employee. All of our employees enjoy the ability to make an immediate impact, learn new technologies, and partake in a high-energy, vibrant working environment with extremely accomplished people.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Must have at least 5 years? experience in an IT capacity, preferably in a software environment.
- At least 2 years? experience managing IT staff. Prefer an IT management background with strong hands on experience.
- 2+ years hands on Linux, Unix, FreeBSD experience.
- 2+ years hands on Windows server platforms experience.
- 1+ years hands on with SAN management experience.
- 1+ years hands on VMware ESX experience.
- Information security experiences with credentials are highly desirable.
- Ability to develop IT roadmaps and align with skill development plans for staff.
- Project management skills in developing, enhancing, and maintaining IT systems.
- Presentation of materials to senior and sometimes executive management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to execute strategic technology solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals