- Bachelor's Level Degree - or equivalent work experience
- CCNA Level Cisco Certification preferred
Experience with the following technology:
- 3-4 years of complex configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, security devices and other network components on a Wide Area Networking (WAN) system
- 2-3 years of experience with Proactive Monitoring and Reporting Systems/Services
- Cisco routers (required)
- HP ProCurve Switches or equivalent LAN switches (required)
- VLAN, Etherchannel (preferred)
- Cisco DMVPN, IP Sec (preferred)
- Cisco Layer 3 switches (preferred)
- Cisco ASA or Firewall (preferred)
- EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, NAT (preferred)
- SNMP network monitoring software (preferred)
- Ability to analyze TCP/IP packets and layer 3 routing
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Strong communication both written and oral, leadership ability, teamwork and positive attitude
- Detail Oriented - Ability to recognize and complete the minute details of a project or task
- Analytical Skills - Ability to solve complex problem efficiently. Ability to think outside the box
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be available to work after hours as required, including weekends and holidays (when necessary)
- Approximately 95% of time is conducted in an office setting and approximately 5% involves travel
- Travel varies based on project requirements
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 50lbs
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare's client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, and school boards), managed care organization, hospitals and patients. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
We have an opening for a full-time Network Engineer I position which will be based out of our Operations Center located in Atlanta, GA.
The Network Engineer I serves as the primary Engineer for the communications and security systems supporting the Local Area and Wide Area Network(s) of the company.
This Engineer will advise management on best practices and methods to improve performance, security and efficiency of all network systems. Design the network to incorporate expansion and the implementation of new services and technology. On a daily basis monitors the performance and functionality of the Network to ensure that the system works within established standards. Insure that the documentation of the Network's configuration, design, policies and procedures are accurate and up to date. Work with the security office to identify and eliminate potential security threats. Performs other tasks as required to support the company's network.
Duties include but are not limited to:
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Configure and maintain all Network devices including Routers and Switches providing optimal network performance and redundancy
- Document all designs, configurations and procedures for setup in a timely manner
- Monitor the performance of network systems and advise management when additional processing or technology enhancements are required
- Perform network maintenance on systems in accordance with pre-defined documentation and plans
- Recommend, plan, implement and test new technologies; execute implementation in accordance with a scheduled plan
- Provide Level 2 Technical Support for all network-related issues
Logisticare - 13 months ago
LogistiCare is the nation's leading organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. The Company's client...