APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon's largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon's energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world are a few special places — the team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That's PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It's fun. It's challenging. It's enriching. And it's a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us. If you're looking for a new opportunity in an essential, dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team.
IT Network Specialist IV (R12-322)
Directs complex technical activities required for the design, security, installation, integration, as well as ongoing support of the PGE unified communications, voice, video and data network.
Top candidates will have:
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at
- Typically a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related discipline.
- Typically between five to seven years of previous network experience.
- Working knowledge of networking topologies, routing and switching protocols, wireless networks, firewalls, VPN’s, unified communications, network management and cable plant systems.
- Knowledge of best practices relating to network design and implementation including network protocols, subnetting/address schemas, DNS, DHCP, and Proxy Services.
- Knowledge of virtual machine and server related technologies, as well as unified/voice and video systems including quality of service, multicast and their impact to unified/voice and video systems on a data network
- Capable of making presentations typically to peers and other technical professionals.
- Ability to work as a self-directed member of the team with minimal supervision, seeking out guidance as needed.
by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
We offer a full range of traditional benefits - medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more - plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our on-site fitness facilities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, safety, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Staffing Services Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Portland General Electric - 2 years ago