Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
Manage an IT team that supports internal partners and external customers for Global Solutions Operations. This includes providing 7x24 support to ensure our customers are satisfied and their systems are up and available.
* Oversee the team activities focused on the area of Operating Systems and Virutalization
* Manage tickets and project work to ensure on time delivery and a goal of zero Severity 1 issues.
* Provide timely communications to GSO management regarding customer issues and resolution.
* Work across GSO to develop relationships and an environment where SDO is a trusted partner and provides world class service.
* Develop and generate metrics on tickets and resolutions along with plans for reducing resolution time.
* Work with Service Delivery Enablement (the Plan and Build portion of GSO) to deploy new and upgraded tools. Provide project support as needed.
* Proactively advise management of interim plans, potential issues, mitigating strategies, and implications of requested scope or resource changes
* Measure, report, and define plans to improve quality support.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
Seven to ten years of experience implementing and managing enterprise or division level information systems projects; integration of new technology; gathering and analyzing system requirements to recommend system architecture. Solving complex technical problems (root cause analysis) and developing plans of action to address issues, enhance existing processes and increase efficiencies.
A focus on effective project management and customer service in a team oriented environment, with particular attention to follow through and managing customer perceptions of service quality.
Specific knowledge required:
* Five or more years supervising staff
* Experience with ITIL.
* Experience with multiple operating systems including: Unix and Windows
* Experience with virtualization, in particular VMWare
* Conceptual understanding of databases and data warehousing
* Experience working in an environment with internal customers
* Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal reports is a plus
* High level of business and organizational aptitude
* Excellent ability to organize information and manage projects to time and budget goals
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, and creativity
Innovate for Good
We look for the most advanced problems solvers - like you - to help us create technologies that rise to the challenges...